In this episode, Jesse gets tactical and explores a specific method of engaging with external audiences such as customers, as well as with internal audiences such as employees. His special guests for this episode are two pioneers of podcasting:
- Cliff Ravenscraft: Cliff has been podcasting since 2005, and as the Podcast Answer Man he has been consulting and teaching others to podcast since 2007.
- Jonathan Mast: Jonathan hosted what was arguably the first completely internal podcast from 2005-2008, a weekly employee podcast for Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Today he provides social media services at the global consulting firm Black & Veatch.
Joined by Cliff and Jonathan, Jesse addresses these questions:
- What is a podcast?
- How can a podcast be used to reach a wide audience?
- How can a podcast be more effective in engaging people than other forms of media?
- How can a podcast be used ‘internally’ within an organization or business?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Interview from 2005 of Jonathon Mast, including short clips from what was arguably the first completely internal podcast.
Free Learn How to Podcast tutorial provided by Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man.
Follow Cliff on Twitter at @GSPN
Follow Jonathan on Twitter at @JonathanDMast
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.