Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In the 21st century, the businesses and leaders that succeed are a difficult mix of creativity and flexibility on the one hand, and long-burning value on the other hand. In their new book, Faisal Hoque and co-author Drake Baer explain how these seeming opposites are actually connected … in fact, everything is connected. And they explain how to make it happen, for you as a leader, and for your team.
Serial entrepreneur, thought leader, and author, Faisal Hoque is the founder of SHADOKA and author of several books, including his newest book: Everything Connects: How to Transform and Lead in the Age of Creativity, Innovation and Sustainability. Formerly of GE and other global brands, Faisal regularly contributes to Fast Company and Huffington Post. The editors of Ziff-Davis Enterprise named him as one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Technology alongside leading entrepreneurs such as Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Trust Across America-Trust Around the World (TAA-TWA) named him one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders.
In this episode, Jesse and Faisal discuss how the more we understand the mental and emotional causes of innovation and creativity, the better we can lead ourselves and our team to make progress that matters. Their conversation includes:
- Why the new landscape of innovation and disruption requires connectedness in leadership and ecosystem
- The 5 types of organizational culture — and including the one type most likely to produce long-term financial results
- How a leader’s individual mindfulness leads to greater personal and corporate creativity and sustainability
- Two simple steps (meditation and creative visualization) leaders can take to begin developing mindfulness.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Everything Connects: Transformation and Leadership in the Age of Creativity, Innovation and Sustainability
- Website: www.faisalhoque.com
- Website: www.shadoka.com
- Website: www.everythingconnectsthebook.com
- Twitter: @faisal_hoque
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/faisalhoque
- SkillShare Online Course: Leading in the Age of Creativity and Innovation
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.