Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Nearly half of your company’s payroll is being spent on things that don’t matter to your strategic goals. That’s based on results of a six-year global study of 350,000 people by the firm FranklinCovey. Here’s the good news: You can change your practices and the culture of your team to automatically self-orient around the important things that really make an impact. The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity is a new book that builds on the latest neuroscience plus decades of experience and research in the time management field. According to Kory Kogon and her co-authors, the result is time management redefined for the 21st century.
Kory Kogon is the Global Productivity Practice Leader for FranklinCovey. She joins us to discuss the 5 choices:
- The first two choices are focused on decision management.
- Act on the important, don’t react to the urgent.
- Go for extraordinary, don’t settle for ordinary.
- The second two choices are focused on attention management.
- Schedule the big rocks, don’t sort gravel.
- Rule your technology, don’t let it rule you.
- The last choice is focused on energy management.
- Fuel your fire, don’t burn out.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity
- Website: www.the5choices.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/kory-kogon/1/237/6ab
- Twitter: @korykogon
- TV interview on MSNBC: 5 Ways To Better Manage Your Time
- TV interview on Today show: How To Get Your Email Organized
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.