Nearly half of your company’s payroll is being spent on things that don’t matter to your strategic goals. That’s based on results of a six-year global study of 350,000 people by the firm FranklinCovey. Here’s the good news: You can change your practices and the culture of your team to automatically self-orient around the important things that really make an impact. The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity is a new book that builds on the latest neuroscience plus decades of experience and research in the time management field. According to Kory Kogon and her co-authors, the result is time management redefined for the 21st century.
Kory Kogon is the Global Productivity Practice Leader for FranklinCovey. She joins us to discuss the 5 choices:
- The first two choices are focused on decision management.
- Act on the important, don’t react to the urgent.
- Go for extraordinary, don’t settle for ordinary.
- The second two choices are focused on attention management.
- Schedule the big rocks, don’t sort gravel.
- Rule your technology, don’t let it rule you.
- The last choice is focused on energy management.
- Fuel your fire, don’t burn out.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: The 5 Choices: The Path to Extraordinary Productivity
- Website: www.the5choices.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/kory-kogon/1/237/6ab
- Twitter: @korykogon
- TV interview on MSNBC: 5 Ways To Better Manage Your Time
- TV interview on Today show: How To Get Your Email Organized
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.