And mirror neurons don’t just involve actions like yawning. They affect thoughts and feelings as well. This is one of the keys that separate a traditional leader from a 21st century engager.
In this episode, Jesse explains and shares examples about the two influence tools of powerful empathy:
- Empathetic perspective: As you prepare for a communication or engagement, see this interaction through the eyes of your audience.
- Empathetic thinking: While in the act of communicating, actively seek to understand their thoughts and feelings and – most importantly – allow yourself to be influenced by their point of view.
With every communication you do, whether something formal or just a casual interaction, you will be more effective if you use these two tools of powerful empathy. Like a yawn, they get the mirror neurons firing, but in a way that will help you influence people to take action.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Blog: 6 Reasons Empathy Will Make You A Powerful Leader
- Video: How to Use Mirror Neurons to Influence People
- Podcast episode 004: Powerful Empathy
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.