Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We are in the early years of a fundamental demographic shift. What worked in the past will no longer be enough. In order to attract and keep top talent — and to influence their actions — you will need to change how you engage people.
Today’s workforce is made up primarily of three generations: Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and Millennials. While every individual is unique, the three generations display key distinctions in motivations, preferences, and behaviors. In particular, the Millennial generation — which is even larger than the massive Baby Boom generation — now makes up a third of the workforce. As younger millennials continue to graduate from college, their powerful mix of values, communication style, and work perspective is driving a work-culture revolution.
In this episode, Jesse explains key generational distinctions and provides a framework to help leaders develop effective communication strategies, including three cross-generational lenses to calibrate your strategy.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Recent podcasts and blog posts about mobile engagement
- Podcast: Episode 127: Let’s Get Visual – 6 Engaging Ways to Use Images
- Podcast: Episode 136: Sticky — 7 Keys to Making People Notice, Care, and Act
- Podcast: Episode 138: Nudgy — How to Influence People to Make an Optimal Choice in the ‘Moment of Truth’
- Podcast: Episode 003: 5 Steps to Creating a Communication Plan
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.