What barriers do you face? Whether in our personal lives, at work, or in our communities, we all face challenges that can prevent us from reaching our full potential. And the same is true for those you lead.
Dave Shurna joins me to discuss tips from his new book about breaking through barriers of all types, and how to be a servant leader helping break barriers for other people too.
Dave is Executive Director of the nonprofit organization No Barriers, which he co-founded in 2012 along with Julie Dubin and Erik Weihenmayer (who was the first blind person to summit Mt. Everest). Dave is co-author of the new book What’s Within You: Your Roadmap to Living Life with No Barriers.
By the way, Dave is one of my favorite friends from my college days. I remember that in addition to being smart, fun, and trustworthy, Dave was authentic and purpose-driven … and so it was no surprise that his career has focused on nonprofit leadership and social entrepreneurship.
No Barriers empowers people of all walks of life to overcome obstacles, live a life of purpose, and give back to the world.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Website: nobarriersusa.org
- No Barriers Summit: nobarriers.live
- Book: What’s Within You: Your Roadmap to Living Life with No Barriers
- Podcast: No Barriers Podcast
- LinkedIn: /in/davidshurna/
- Facebook: facebook.com/nobarriersusa
- Instagram: instagram.com/NoBarriersUSA
- YouTube: youtube.com/channel/
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app: