“Why am I the only one who finds these issues? What’s wrong with my people? Why can’t they see this stuff and fix it?”
If these frustrations sound familiar, you’ll love this conversation with Karin Hurt about her newest book, Courageous Cultures. We talk about building teams of micro-innovators, problem-solvers, and customer-advocates working together.
In addition, we talk about dealing with three types of people who present a challenge. (In part 2 of this conversation, we talk about five more types of challenging people.)
- Idea grenadiers: people who toss all their ideas in your lap, want you to do them, but won’t do the work.
- Schmoozers: people who talked a great game, but never help implement that plan that sounded so amazing when they presented it.
- Oxygen suckers: people who talk so much or so loudly that others don’t have a chance to contribute.
Karin Hurt is the award-winning author of several books and an Inc. Top 100 leadership speaker. She provides leadership development programs for organizations around the world. A former Verizon Wireless executive, she has over two decades of experience in customer service, sales, and human resources
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Book: Courageous Cultures
- Idea Inspiration Summit July 23
- Free executive strategy guide to creating a courageous culture
- Idea incubator guide (with pre-ordering)
- Book: Winning Well: A Manager’s Guide to Getting Results–Without Losing Your Soul
- Book: Overcoming An Imperfect Boss: A Practical Guide to Building a Better Relationship With Your Boss
- Online course: Results That Last: 7 Roles Every Manager Must Master
- Website: http://www.letsgrowleaders.com
- Twitter: @letsgrowleaders
- Facebook: /letsgrowleaders
- Engaging Leader 135: How to Lead Meetings That Get Results (and That People Want to Attend)
- Engaging Leader 054: Humility and Leadership: How to Teach Confident Humility
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app: