Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Working remotely isn’t just a new normal that we must learn to live with. It’s an opportunity to work and lead in ways that provide great operational and productivity results for the organization, as well as to be a part of a great team while finding individual meaning and purpose too.
But there is a big difference between working from home … and feeling like and being an effective member of a remote team. How can you be a great teammate and leader while working at a distance from the people you collaborate with?
In this interview with the authors of the new book The Long-Distance Teammate, we discuss tips for being an effective member of a remote team, leading well as a remote leader, and how to combat the very real potential of isolation and loneliness when working from home.
Kevin Eikenberry and Wayne Turmel are cofounders of the Remote Leadership Institute. Kevin has twice been named one of Inc.’s Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts in the World. They have written dozens of books separately and together, including their previous book The Long-Distance Leader.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Website: longdistanceteammate.com
- Book: The Long-Distance Teammate – Stay Engaged and Connected While Working Anywhere
- Book: The Long-Distance Leader: Rules for Remarkable Remote Leadership
- Book: Remarkable Leadership, From Bud to Boss—Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership
- LinkedIn: /in/kevineikenberry and /in/wayneturmel
- Twitter: /KevinEikenberry and /greatwebmeeting
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app:
Apple Podcast | Google Play | Spotify | Stitcher | Other Ways to Listen