Many people say that entrepreneurship is often still a man’s world ― despite the fact that 42 percent of all small business or franchise owners are women, and there are 13 million female-owned businesses contributing to $1.9 trillion in revenue in the US. According to author Charlene Walters, a multitude of research has shown that many women entrepreneurs and leaders struggle more than men with certain issues that may thwart their success.
In this interview with Charlene, we discuss tips from her new book LAUNCH YOUR INNER ENTREPRENEUR: 10 Mindset Shifts for Women to Take Action, Unleash Creativity, and Achieve Financial Success. Our conversation includes:
- The challenges female leaders and “fempreneurs” face in the world of work and business … and how to reframe them as opportunities
- How to overcome imposter syndrome
- How to deal with haters
- How to fight self-sabotage
Charlene Walters, MBA, Ph.D. is an entrepreneurship coach, business and branding mentor, author, and trainer. She developed a digital entrepreneurship MBA program, has taught hundreds of business and marketing courses at a number of universities, and has led workshops for Entrepreneur Magazine’s Insider Platform and other corporations.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Book: Launch Your Inner Entrepreneur
- Twitter: /CWaltersPhD
- Instagram: /charlenewaltersphd
- LinkedIn: /in/charlenewaltersphd
- Website: OwnYourOther.com
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app: