If you haven’t yet realized it, there’s been a communication revolution building, and it has now reached the tipping point for workforce health engagement.
- People are now using mobile devices more than desktop computers for digital media, with mobile apps dominating the usage.
- Text messaging has become the preferred communication method for most people.
- And people use their phones to research health-related content almost more than any other topic.
Today we’ll dig into the data behind this mega-trend, and talk about how you can use mobile to improve the knowledge, decision-making, and behaviors of employees and their families, to optimize health outcomes, control medical costs, and enhance workplace productivity.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Speaking or consulting: Invite Jesse to speak to your benefits or wellness team
- Engaging Leader podcast 118: Engaging Employees in the “Mobile Moment” | with Joe Loya
- Study by ComScore: New Study Sheds Light on Mobile Engagement
- Blog post: #GenMobile: Bridging the Workforce Generational Gap
- Blog post: Mobile Engagement: 5 Ways to Reach More Employees, Faster
- 5M Framework for communication strategy: Blog post and podcast
- Off-the-shelf app example: APPrise mobile
- Microsite example: MblHR
- Bulk text messaging example: Text the word engage to 31996. (You’ll receive an automated text message within a minute or two, plus occasional updates. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP anytime to opt out.)
- Bulk text messaging provider: Slicktext.com (use code ENGAGE for 15% discount)
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.